Happy Monday to you. Today we are starting our Battle of the Books lab! From today, students will be spending Monday afternoons reading their chosen Battle of the Books books. Some parents have been asking for the titles to purchase. I will post them here.
Students are required to master at least two books. We only have the first five books to tell you about for now. The other five books will be announced at the end of Winter Break. For now, I would like for students to focus on mastering one book from this list, and casually reading as many as they would like.
Here are the books!
1) Book Scavenger, by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
2) An Eagle in the Snow, by Michael Morpurgo
3) Ms. Bixby's Last Day, by John David Anderson
4) Teddy Mars: Almost a World Record Breaker, by Molly B. Burnham
5) The Wild Robot, by Peter Brown
You can search naver or here or here to buy. I do not recommend Amazon.
As soon as we can announce the other five books, I will let you know!